Apr 28, 2009

Slide Ass Jammer

We have one of these on the log train at our local historical museum. Cheap and easy to make and maintain they allowed lumberman to easily load and unload timber at the logging camp with no preparation required at the site. A wonderful fit for Salmon Bay Logging and Lumber. Here is a shot of the prototype in the far left corner.

And here are a few pictures of my attempt.


For my second scratchbuild it's not bad considering my first one was a dock. Looking at it now I can see the hundred flaws that this "resemblica" has and that annoys me slightly. But I am very proud of it and intend on pressing it into service. I think I may build another down the road closer to the real thing but for now SBL&L has a means to load the timber. All they need now is a layout.

No comments: