May 17, 2008

Painting

Today I did some airbrush work. My first it should be noted, but that is what weathering is for, right?
The colors of the SBT are Cascade Green and an at this point undecided yellow. Thanks to the friendly folk at the Treasure Chest, I got my supplies, and began painting.
Photobucket
Here is the Plymouth in the paint shed getting it's base coat of Cascade Green.Using an airbrush isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I grabbed an old GN cattle car without a roof walkway and went to town on that to try it out. Which reminds me, does anyone out there want a former GN cattle car that is painted Cascade Green?
Photobucket
Much of today's work centered on the SBT business coach, Galena. It began life as a former W&A RR coach and now sees double duty as business coach and local coach.With decals and weathering should come out ok.
Photobucket
Need to investigate printing my own decals for the SBT. I mean if it's anything like airbrushing, how hard could it be?
I'll post pics of the Plymouth when it's done.

No comments: