May 18, 2008

Roster

I'm slowly coming to grips with the "final" locomotive roster for the SBT. Since I'm modeling over fifty years, era rosters seem to make sense.

1954-1958
-SBT 3 Truck Heisler #7
-SBT 0-6-0T #3
-SBT 23t GE Boxcab #12
-BT&NCRy 4-6-0 # 14

1958-Presnt
-SBT GE 44-Tonner #10
-SBT 0-4-0 Davenport #8

1973-Present
-SBT GP-20 #98

I'm hoping if I put this down on paper I can stick to it. Some modification may have to take place, but it's only a short line. And having power that runs well and makes sense for the job being done is of much more importance then having lots of power that doesn't make sense. Of course this doesn't count the NP, MILW, and GN traffic I'll be modeling however. But that is another kettle of fish.

I'm also planning on adding a spur in Salmon Bay, making the layout there a true Armstong Timesaver layout. A cannery will be placed there, packing and shipping the fish offloaded at both Salmon Bay and East Ballard. I'll post a revised track plan as time permits.

No comments: