May 16, 2008

Plymoth Power

One of things I'm doing with the SBT is learning. A lot! I've decided it's time for me to move up the ladder when it comes to my model railroading. So I've decided all my roads power will be painted. By me. I've never done that in my life. But you have to start somewhere, right?
Photobucket
And here is my start. This will be SBT #10. It's a Bachmann Plymouth that will be the heavy hauler for the the railroad. In the photo above it's soaking in 91% Isopropyl alcohol to lift the paint. It does a very good job. Then attack it with an old tooth brush.
Photobucket
Here is the finished prodcut, ready for painting and super detailing. The color scheme is Cascade Green and yellow, and the details will set the engine up to run short hood forward, ala the SP. I'll print my own decals when the time comes. I can't wait to get started!

No comments: